Need Ability To Clear Partially Matched Receipts
(Doc ID 2363568.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The system doesn't have the ability to change the status of a receipt to fully matched apart from going through the AP_MATCH process. Here is an easy example:
1) You have a 1 line PO set up with a quantity of 1.
2) The receipt is entered accidentally with a quantity of 2.
3) The invoice is entered correctly with a quantity of 1.
4) The invoice is matched against the receipt by using a quantity of 1 from the receipt and leaving the receipt with a 'Partially Matched' status.
5) There is no other invoice to be entered. User can update the receipt and change the quantity from 2 to 1 and Save the receipt. Now, the quantity receipted, the quantity invoiced, and the PO quantity match. However, the receipt still has a status of 'Partially Matched'.
Depending on the Receipt Association Rules used by an organization, especially if the 'Sum Up To' rule is used, is very possible for the system to automatically associate a partial receipt to a voucher without throwing any match exceptions. The bottom line is that partial receipts do occur. And while through manual intervention we are able to change the amount/quantity receipted to match the amount/quantity invoiced, the receipt match status will still remain as 'Partially Matched'. Would hope that this makes sense and that you would agree that some sort of reconciliation page would need to be developed that would update the status of the receipt to 'Fully Matched' if it meets the necessary conditions.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document