EAP: Corrected 1099 MISC Copy B has an incorrect Federal Identification Employee Number format
(Doc ID 2369417.1)
Last updated on JUNE 11, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Corrected 1099 MISC Copy B has the Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN) formatted incorrectly if the Correction file has Suppliers with TIN Type of S and F. The FEIN is formatted as a SSN. The FEIN, 12-3456789, is being formatted as 123-45-6789.
1. Create 2 new 1099 Suppliers
a. Supplier ID = 1099-FED ==> TIN Type = F, TIN = 12-3456789
b. Supplier ID = 1099-SSN ==> TIN Type =S, TIN = 111-22-3333
2. Add manual Withholding Adjustment
a. Supplier ID = 1099-FED, Basis Amt = 980.00
b. Supplier ID = 1099-SSN, Basis Amt = 760.00
3. Run 1099 Job
4. Printed 1099 Copy B's has the TIN formatted correctly for both Federal Employer ID Number and SSN and Federal Employer ID Number, 12-3456789 and 111-22-3333, respectively
5. Run Withholding Sent
6. Add manual Withholding Adjustment to correct the amounts
a. Supplier ID = 1099-FED, Basis Amt = 30.00
b. Supplier ID = 1099-SSN, Basis Amt = -60.00
3. Run 1099 Job, checking the box "Has the 1099-MISC containing Box 7 Non Employee Compensation file been sent and accepted by the IRS?"
4. Printed 1099 Copy B's has the TIN formatted correctly for SSN but Federal Employer ID Number is incorrect. The FEIN, 12-3456789, is being formatted as 123-45-6789.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!