E-PORTAL: Using Macro Sets to Change The Branding Logo Is Inconsistent, When Signon Event Message Is Set.
(Doc ID 2370001.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 15, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 to 8.57 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to change the delivered Oracle logo with a custom logo and while using the Macro Sets branding approach, the appearance of the new set logo is inconsistent, in particular when, in parallel, a PIA Signon Event message was set to be active at user logon.
The custom set Branding Logo do not always persists when using Macro Sets branding and Signon Event messages.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to PIA
2. Go to Peopletools>Portal>Branding>Assemble Themes
3. Change Macro Set to be PT_DEFAULT_MACROSET_856
4. Global Override Style Sheet to be PT_BRAND_FLUID_TEMPLATE_856
5. Go to Theme Macro Set to open PT_DEFAULT_MACROSET_856
6. Find the Logo
7. Change PT_LOGO_IMAGE_NAME to be PTNUI_ORACLE_LOGO_SFF
8. Logout and login again to see the logo is changed.
9. Go to PeopleTools>Utilities>Administration>Signon Event Message
10. Add an event which is alive in 2 min
11. Signout and wait for 2 min.
12. Signin and click continue on the Signon Event Message that was triggered
13. User will see the old (unwanted) Oracle logo persisting in the portal header
In a custom branded PSFT database, a new PIA signon event message was set to be active at users logon.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document