E-AD: Carriage Return Is Lost When Importing A Project From File Using Application Designer Command Line On Linux
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, Application Designer
When copying Projects from file, using Application Designer Command Line on Linux, Comments in Object Definitions lose the Carriage Return.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Project and Insert a Definition into it.
2. For both Project and Definition Properties, enter, in the comments box, a text with several lines (Carriage Return).
3. Copy project to File.
4. Move Project to Linux directory.
5. Copy project from File, using command Line in Linux, to import it to the target database.
6. Open Application Designer on the Target Database.
7. Review Project Properties or Definition Properties. Note that in the comments box, the text is shown all in one single line. The Carriage Return is lost.
The issue is not observed if copying projects through Application Designer Command Line on Windows.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms