Wrong Amounts Are Liquidated After Adjust Purchase Order Distribution To Match to Voucher Distribution Amounts
(Doc ID 2371056.1)
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Wrong amounts are liquidated after adjust PO distribution to match to voucher.
Customer has setup for workflow and reporting:
"If a purchase order is changed and document tolerance is run against the
associated voucher before it is dispatched, the wrong amounts are liquidated
from the distributions.
Document Tolerance, AP Matching, AP Budget Check, PO Budget Check, PO
Dispatch are run as batch processes. Therefore there is no way to prevent
doc tolerance from running until the purchase is in the correct status. The
process should be modified to exclude purchase orders that are not in
The issue is also happening when PO is not setup for workflow and PO status is 'Dispatched' after adjust PO distribution.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a PO with one line and two distributions
2. Approve, Budget Check, and Dispatch the PO
3. Create the receipt
4. Modify the quantities on the receipt distribution line
5. Create a voucher by copying the receipt
6. Run Matching and Approve the Voucher
7. Run Document Tolerance on the Voucher
8. Voucher is in Doc Tolerance exception
9. Go back to the PO and change the distributions to match the voucher
10. Save the PO – Notice the PO Status is now Pend Appr and Budget Status is Not Chk’d
11. Run Document Tolerance & AP Budget Check
12. Doc Tolerance validates the amounts – It does not look at the status of the Purchase Order.
13. Review the PO – The original amounts on the Voucher have been liquidated, not the adjusted amounts
14. Approve, Budget Check and Dispatch the PO
15. Review the accounting entries, The encumbrances have been updated but the reversals are for the wrong amounts
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!