Warning - "Mark entered is greater than the maximum mark set for the assignment (14600, 889)"
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9 version, Student Records Self Service
Grade book can be saved even reach max point
I already set maximum point in define course assignment '100'. But when I input in grade book with '900' it only show warning and not error and it can be saved.
Can it be set to error saving instead of only give warning.
Warning - Mark entered is greater than the maximum mark set for the assignment (14600, 889).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Curriculum Management - Gradebook - Define Course Assignments
2. For a course ID, Create an Assignment Category (say CLASSASSGN) for course component LEC
3. Enter Maximum Points as 100
4. Schedule the Class and enroll a student in that class.
5. Login as an Instructor to Self Service - Faculty Center
6. Go to Gradebook, Input 900 or any value greater than 100 in the class gradebook
7. Hit Save. a warning message pops up but not the error and it will be saved.
The issue has the following business impact:
There suppose to popup an error to avoid any mistake from the instructor.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms