EAM: MASS TRANSACTION - ASSET DELETION - LEAVES ORPHAN ASSET_UD_ATTR RECORDS
(Doc ID 2373858.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When assigning Attributes to an Asset, if the Asset is deleted via the Mass Transaction Manager, the rows in PS_ASSET_UD_ATTR will not be deleted. They are left on the system as orphan records.
The expectation is that all asset attributes will be deleted when the asset is deleted.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Define asset attributes at Setup Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Asset Management > Physical Definitions > Define Asset Attribute
2) Add an asset via Basic Add.
3) Tab to Location/Comments/Attributes and assign the asset attributes in section Custom Attributes. Save the asset.
4) Navigate to Mass Transaction Manager and submit the ASD - Asset Deletion Template to delete the asset.
5) Navigate to Basic Add to pull up the asset. It cannot be found as it has been deleted.
6) Run the following SQL: Select * from ps_asset_ud_attr where asset_id = <'the asset id created and deleted above'>
Orphan records on a database cause unpredictable results. Abends may ensue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document