Direct Report Table 5 Includes Terminated Supervisor Emp Rcd That Is Unrelated To Employee
(Doc ID 2375540.1)
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile Manager Desktop - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Partial Position Management, if an employee reports to a Supervisor ID in Job Data, and the Supervisor has multiple Empl Records, where the Active Empl Record also reports to a Supervisor ID and the Inactive Empl Records Reports To Position; the supervisor's Reports To of the Inactive Empl Rcd can see and act on the employee on the Direct Reports grid.
However ,supervisors should only be able to view and act on direct or indirect reports through their reporting hierarchy.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Locate employee that reports to a Supervisor ID in Job Data, and whose Supervisor has multiple Empl Records, where the Active Empl Record also reports to a Supervisor ID and the Inactive Empl Records Reports To Position
2. Navigate to Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Direct Reports for Managers > Direct Reports Tables Build
3. Build Direct Reports Tables
4. Note that PS_HR_DIRECT_REP_5 contains entries that incorrectly associates the employee with the terminated Supervisor's Empl Records that reported to a Position
5. As the incumbent for the Reports To Position of the Terminated Supervisor's Empl Record, navigate to Main Menu > Manager Self Service > Job and Personal Information > View Employee Personal Information
6. Note the terminated employee is displayed in the Direct Reports page, and can be drilled into to view employees that do not report through this position
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!