E-AWE: 9.1 Regression. When NEM Is Used To Advance Approval And Next Approver Does Pushback, Approval Skips Advanced Approver And Pushes Back Previous Step
(Doc ID 2375593.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, FSCM 9.2 pi 26 Approval Framework Workflow (AWE) with Notification and Escalation (NEM)
In 9.2, the Pushback functionality is not working as expected, when used in conjunction with NEM. When NEM advances the Approval due to timeout. And the next Approver does a Pushback, instead of going to previously skipped step, it goes back 2 steps.
In 9.1, using the same scenario, the Pushback functionality with NEM that advances the Approval. If next Approver does a Pushback to the previously skipped Approver.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Process uses minimum of 3 steps.
2. Path Timeout have been set, to Advance after 1 Hour.
3. All Step User list return Approvers
4. Transaction Submitted.
5. 1st step Approver, approves.
6. 2nd step Approver does not take action within the hour.
7. NEM runs and Approval Advances to the 3rd Step.
8. 3rd step Approver does a Pushback.
9. The Pushback skips the 2nd step and goes back to the 1st step
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document