E-AWE: Pushback Functionality Not Working As It Did In 9.1, When Notification and Escalation (NEM) Advances (Skips) Approval, And Next Approver Pushes Back. Approval Goes Back Past Originally Skipped Approver.
(Doc ID 2378933.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Administration - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise ELM Enterprise Learning Management - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : PS 9.2 Approval Framework Workflow (AWE) with Notification and Escalation (NEM) Performing PushBack
In 9.2, the Pushback functionality is not working as expected when used in conjunction with NEM. When NEM advances the Approval due to timeout. And the next Approver does a Pushback, instead of going to previously skipped step, it goes back 2 steps.
In 9.1, using the same scenario, the Pushback functionality with NEM that advances the Approval. If next Approver does a Pushback to the previously skipped Approver.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Process uses minimum of 3 steps.
2. Path Timeout have been set, to Advance after 1 Hour.
3. All Step Userlist return Approvers
4. Transaction Submitted.
5. 1st step Approver, approves.
6. 2nd step Approver does not take action within the hour.
7. NEM runs and Approval Advances to the 3rd Step.
8. 3rd step Approver does a Pushback.
9. The Pushback skips the 2nd step and goes back to the 1st step
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document