E-PTF: Double Quote Characters Added To Values When Exporting/Importing Test Cases Where Values Contain Comma Character
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, PeopleTools Test Framework (PTF)
Import action is importing Value strings that contain a comma character and putting them in double quotes. This is an invalid value when running the tests.
PTF should import these values without adding double quotes around the strings in the test cases produced by the import action.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a test case where an input value contains a comma, such as a <city>, <state> value or <last name>, <first, name> value
2. Export the test case using a delimiter that is not the comma delimiter.
3. Open the exported test case data sheet in a spreadsheet editor (Excel was used in this case).
4. Specify Import Options in the spreadsheet editor as Separated by the chosen delimiter and Text Delimiter as blank. Start at Row 2
5. Make changes to values to verify that the import happens. (Numeric values in the Test Case were edited in this case).
6. Save the changes.
7. Import the values that were exported in step 2.
8. The modified or new test cases will be imported with values ", State>" instead of just ,
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms