E-PN: PT 8.56.02. Push Notification Badge/Flag Does Not Update Without Browser Refresh And Dynamic Sliding Window For Process Scheduler Notification Not Working.
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.56.02 version, Push Notification Both Badge/Flag and Dynamic Sliding Window for Processes.
When a new Push Notification is assigned, the Notification Badge does not update immediately. Only after a browser window refresh does the correct number appear in the Notification Flag. And the Dynamic Sliding Window Notification for Process Scheduler Processes is not working.
Expectation is that the Push Notification Badge/Flag will updated immediately when a new Notification has been assigned. Also expect that Dynamic Sliding Window Notification for Process Scheduler Processes will be sent right away.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Configure basic Push Notification for Application Server.
2. Trigger a Push Notification assignment, such as via PeopleTools, Workflow, Defaults & Messages, Worklist/Email Message. Select Worklist, enter User ID and press Save.
3. Observe that the Notification Badge does not update immediately.
4. Configure Process Scheduler and Application Server for Dynamic Sliding Window notification.
5. Submit a Process via Process Scheduler
6. Observe that the Sliding Window does not show up in timely manner.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms