E-FLUID: Back Button Is Not Redirecting To The Previously Accessed Homepage
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, Fluid UI
The Fluid Back Button is not re-directing the user to the correct content.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 3 Homepages (HP1, HP2, HP3)
2. Make HP1 your default landing Homepage
3. Create Tile in HP1 to point to HP2. In the Tile's Content Reference Administration, add Additional Parameters lp=HP2, so that the Tile will point to a Homepage
4. Add Tile in HP3 to point to any Content Reference of an existing PeopleSoft Component.
5. Sign out
6. Log back in to the system and verify that HP1 is your default Homepage
7. Click on the Tile that will take you to HP2. Note that, lp=HP2 is appended at the end of the formed URL.
8. Click on the Homepage Drop Down Selector on the Fluid Banner, and select HP3
9. HP3 opens up, however, note that, the additional parameter lp=HP2 sticks with the URL.
10. Click on the Tile that will take you to the Content Reference created in step 4.
11. The Component is Opened. Note that the Back Button reads HP3, which is correct.
12. Click on the Back Button.
13. HP2 opens up, incorrectly. It should go to HP3.
That is impacting productivity as the Back Button causes more confusion and disrupts the normal operation.
A number of clicks are added to workaround it. Users cannot rely on the Back Button, losing context on the task they have to complete.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms