Project Costing - Review Transaction Details - System Is Throwing Combo Edit Errors Incorrectly - Scenario Where Past Effective Dated Combo Edit Rules Configured
(Doc ID 2380957.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : Project Costing 9.2 version, Batch
When attempting to load project transactions using the PC_INTFEDIT third party loader, we are getting chartfield combo errors for data that should be valid.
"The Chartfield Combination for Interface ID 80000000, Interface Line 100 is Not Valid (13100,330)
The Chartfield Combination for the given Interface ID and Interface Line is Not Valid. Please review your assignments and correct the problem."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable Open periods Off at Project Costing Installation Options
2. Edit Combinations turned on at Project Costing Business Unit Options
3. Create a Combination Definition. Department and product. Department being anchor
4. Create a Combination Rule.
a. Make sure the effective date To is populated indicating that they are active in the past. If today’s date is 9/20/2017, make effective date To as 1/1/2017
b. Product required field
c. Valid Combination, Department of 10000 and any product value
5. Define Combination Group. Use default values for all. Add Combination rule that we created
6. Associate the Process Group to the Ledger for a Unit for the GL BU
7. Build Combination Data Request
8. Review COMBO_DATA_TBL
9. Add a Transaction in the Review Transaction Details using Accounting date as 9/20
Dept of 10000 and Product of 123409
10. User will be able to save
11. Now Remove the Product and make it blank and save. User receives above combo edit error.
Expectation: For this date, The department/product combination should not be checked as it is not effective
12. Now go to Add Transaction page and open the save transaction
13. Go to Detail and blank out the product and save. User will be able to save without any issues.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document