Profile Management: Issue Display Of ‘&’ When Not Followed By Space
(Doc ID 2385039.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 05, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the description of a content item contains ‘&’, and no space is added between the two words, once added to a non-person or person profile, the content item is shown with an underscore underneath the first letter of the second word, and the ‘&’ has disappeared.
Steps to replicate the issue:
1.Add new content item:
Navigation: Set Up HCM > Product Related > Profile Management > Content Catalog > Content Items:
2. Click ‘Add a new value’:
3. Click on the prompt to choose a content type, e.g., COMPETENCY
4. Type a content item ID and click ‘Add’.
5. Fill in the Description of the content item.
6. Make sure you do not enter a space between the words and the ‘&’-sign.
7. The first word should be directly followed by the ‘&’ sign, and that sign should be directly followed by the second word.
8. Click ‘Save’.
9. Add content item to a (person/non-person) profile:
Navigation: Workforce Development > Profile Management > Profiles > Person Profiles
10. Search for a person profile (or create a person profile when there is no person profile existing):
11. Click on ‘Add New Competencies’.
12. Select the content item you just created.
Remark: You see that in the search results, the description is still shown as ‘Test&Test 001’ (as expected).
13. When you select the content item:
14. The description is now shown as ‘TestTest 001’ and not Test&Test 001 as expected.
When you click ‘OK’:
The competency content item is shown as ‘TestTest 001’ and not Test&Test 001 as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document