EAP: Changing Withholding Class Generates Zero Dollar Correction In IRS File In Error
(Doc ID 2385274.1)
Last updated on JULY 10, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1099 Correction was made to change the Withholding Class for a Supplier Amount. The 1099 Job was run and the IRS file and 1099 Copy B were generated correctly for the correction. The IRS accepted the file and the Withholding Sent File process is run for this correction file.
Another 1099 correction is made to a different Supplier for a different reason. The 1099 Job is run and the IRS file contains a zero dollar row for the Supplier where the Withholding Class was made. This new correction file should not contain the Supplier with the Withholding Class change.
1. USA1099002 Add Withholding Voucher WW1
2. Pay Voucher through Express Payment
3. USA1099014 Add Withholding Voucher WW2 - Reporting for Class 07
4. Pay Voucher through Express Payment
5. Post Payments
6. Post Withholdings
7. 1099 Job
8. IRS File contains Suppliers USA1099002 and USA1099014 for correct amounts
9. 1099 Copy B's for USA1099002 and USA1099014 correct
10. Withholding Sent File process
11. 2018 data now in the WTHD_SENT_DTL for USA1099002 and USA1099014
12. No data in the WTHD_TO_SND_DTL
13. Suppliers > 1099/Global Withholding > Maintain > Adjust Withholding > Make Withholding Adjustment for USA1099014
a. Change Class 07 to Class 06 for full amount
b. Add line for negative amount to zero out Class 07
c. Add second line to move amount to Class 06
14. Adjustment entries in the WTHD_TRXN_TBL
15. 1099 Job to generate 1099 Correction
16. IRS File contains correction row for USA1099014 with amount moved to Class 06 > Run Withholding Sent File process
17. Suppliers > 1099/Global Withholding > Maintain > Adjust Withholding > Make 1099 Correction to USA1099002
a. Add row to add additional 1000.000
18. 1099 Job for second Correction file
19. IRS File contains rows for both USA1099002 and USA1099014
20. Two Copy B's generated: Corrected box checked for 1099 Copy B USA1099002 and Corrected box checked for 1099 Copy B for USA1099014 for zero amounts
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document