Express Asset Definition - Long Asset Description is Being Overwritten by Asset Profile Upon Save In Project Costing - Project Costing > Assets > Express Asset Definition
Last updated on APRIL 16, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Other
Unable to change the description of an asset when defining the asset
Unable to change the description of the profile on the Define Asset page , it is defaulting in the description from the Asset Profile page on saving.
Need to be able to change the description to something other than the description on the Asset Profile page.
Long description should not be getting overwritten by Asset profile description
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create new project
2. On the Asset Integration Rules tab, set the Asset ID rules to allow Activity Percent Distribution
3. Project Costing > Assets > Express Asset Definition
4. Add 1st asset and click save.
5. Add 2nd asset and split the percentages to 50/50. Save
6. Click define assets link on the 2nd asset.
7. Manually add a long and short description and click ok
8. Save Express asset definition page.
9. Click define assets link on the 2nd asset
10. Long description is overwritten by the Asset Profile.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms