EGL9.2:When Suspense Correction Has Errors (ex: Combo Edit error) and Being Corrected, Ledger = Blank
Last updated on APRIL 18, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When in Suspense Correction journal uses an Account that results to Combo Error, and thereafter, corrects the invalid combination, the Suspense journal ends with blank Ledger.
1. Create original journal with unbalanced debit/credit and save.
2. Run Edit Journal. Suspense line gets created and Journal Status = V
3. Then, run Post Journal, Journal Status = P
4. Create suspense correction entry:
Use correction chartfield value strings that will result to combo edit error, then save.
5. Go to correction Journal Entry
6. Run Edit Journal, Journal Status = V
There is a line error and suspense line is created.
Note that error is due to combo edit issue.
7. Modify the journal line to correct the CF strings that will make it a valid combination, then Save.
Note that from Journal Status = V, due to the modification done, it moves to N again.
8. Run Edit Journal, Journal Status = V
9. Run Post Journal, Journal Status = P
10. Create suspense correction entry again. It is noted that Ledger field, that is grayed out, has <blank> value.
Ignore the Ledger field being blank, populate the Account value, then Save.
Go to correction journal entry.
Ledger field = <blank> and could not be saved.
Replication screenshots attached.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms