Create And Maintain Absences : Invalid Error Message Asking To Save
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Absence Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Admin Absence Balances
Create and Maintain Absences : Invalid error message asking to save
Administrators will be presented with a warning/error to save the transaction even after they are able to successfully submitted the absence for an employee. Also, there is no way to get rid of this message one's it pop's up apart from clicking on 'No' button which is discard the changes.
Message should not be popped as the component is already saved when the transaction is submitted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as an absence administrator
2. Navigate to Main Menu > Global Payroll & Absence Mgmt > Payee Data > Maintain Absences > Create and Maintain Absence Requests
3. Complete the details for any employee as below example
4. Select the absence and click on Forecast, you will be presented with the below message asking for your confirmation to save, Click ‘Yes’
5. You will see that one completion of Forecasting process, the absence event has been saved (see status column).
6. Now submit the request by selecting the absence again and clicking the ‘Submit’ button to the bottom. You will see that the status is now changed to ‘Approved’
7. Now try to navigate out to different page, then the system will ask you to save the transaction again. However, the absence row when submitted was actually already saved. So, saving again is not required. Also, there is no save button to get rid of this error message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms