EGL9.2: Amortization Journal Goes To Error When Intraunit Balancing Is Turned On
(Doc ID 2392049.1)
Last updated on JULY 11, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Amortization Journal goes to error when the IntraUnit balancing is turned on.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Navigate to:General Ledger > Ledgers > Ledger Groups. Go to the Balancing tab. Click on the IntraUnit Balancing Entries checkbox and check the fund code.
2. Navigate to:Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Common Definitions > Accounting Entry Templates > Amortization Template. Choose a fund code for one of the Amortization Type that would be used in voucher.
3. Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > General Ledger > Ledgers For A Unit.
Specify the Amortization Template and the Journal Source for the Ledger Group.
4. Navigate to:Accounts Payable > Vouchers > Add/Update > Regular Entry. Specify the Voucher style as ‘Amortization Voucher’ while adding a new value. In voucher have 2 lines with 2 different fund codes [intraunit balancing chartfield]. 1 line can contain the same fund code value used in amortization template & another line contains different fund code.
5. Go to the Amortization tab and specify the Amortization type, start date and the end date. Click Save. 2 amortization IDs generated upon saving.
6. Run the Voucher Posting Process.
7. Check the amortization schedule and click on the stage button.
8. The Stage Journals get created. Open any of the stage journals.
The Fund code is same as that of template. So, the Journal is Balanced and the Journal Status goes to ‘V’.
9. Now open the second Amortization ID where the fund code is not same and click on the Stage button. Click on any of the stage journal.
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
Journals that have an Intraunit balancing chartfield value matching with Intraunit balancing chartfield value specified in amortization template were valid. Other journals that didn't have the matching value went to balance error.
Amortization Journal should not go to error when the IntraUnit balancing is turned on.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document