Fluid Class Search And Enroll is not Obeying the Career Pointer Exception Rules
(Doc ID 2395638.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On CS 9.2, the Class Search and Enroll fluid pages do not restrict class selection to the specific academic careers allowed according the Career Pointers setup. The Career Pointers are setup to not allow cross career enrollment, and the student is allowed to select a class from the search results that is outside the student's career.
It is expected students are not allowed to select Courses/Classes associated with a different Academic Career during enrollment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup Career Pointers so that cross career enrollment is not allowed.
2. Log in to self service and click on the Manage Classes tile, then select Class Search and Enroll page.
3. Select a class in an academic career to enroll into that is different than the career associated with the class selected from the search results.
4. Continue to the Enroll or Add to Cart step
5. The process then times out
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document