E-AD: Cannot Download .rtf Documents Using IE With MS Office 2016
(Doc ID 2399625.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.55 version, File Attachments
Cannot Download "Talent Review" Documents using IE with MS Office 2016
When trying to download Talent Review documents using IE 11 and MS Office 2016, users are receiving a document which loads to a PeopleSoft login screen. We are navigating to the Talent Review profile/page (of any given user) and selecting the "Print" button in the upper right-hand corner to download the contents to a Word document. However, once downloaded and after selecting "Open" the document opens to a PeopleSoft login prompt and does not display any of the Talent Review contents.
- This is only occurring for users with IE 11 and MS Office 2016
- Users using IE with prior versions of MS Office (such as 2013) do NOT experience this issue
- Users with Chrome or Firefox have not been experiencing this issue
- It seems that this is related to the fact that IE is trying to open the documents in the browser itself
- (In MS Office) We have tried unchecking all "Protected View" settings but the error persists
- The issue can only be avoided by saving the file first, before opening
It should open the file and not bring the user to the login page.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot view the file in IE11/MS2016
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document