Group Print Application Report And Individual Print App Report Don't Include Attachments If UPPER Case .PDF And XDO Processing Occurs On Linux/Unix
(Doc ID 2408289.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 26, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Manage Job Openings
XDO (BIP) Processing On Linux/Unix
Group Print Application Report and Individual Print App Report will not print attachments if in .PDF
Group Print Application Report and Individual Print App Report will not print attachments if uploaded in to the system with ALL CAPS .PDF extension.
If we change the ATTACHSYSFILENAME from .PDF to .pdf then all the attachments print.
A trace file is attached with sample document output where "Transcript" did not print for this applicant.
Expect that attachments with UPPER Case PDF extension will be included in the merged PDF output report.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as PS with Peoplesoft Admin Role
2. Go to Recruiting > Recruiting Home > My Applicants > Manage Applicant > open any Applicant > John Patterson
Other Actions > Recruiting Actions > Edit Application Details > add attachment filenameUPPERCASE.PDF as Attachment Type = Reference. Save.
3. For the same Applicant, click the Print Icon > Enable the Reference attachment > Generate Report.
4. Confirm contents of the output report: Reference attachment is NOT included.
5. Return to Edit Application Details > delete prior attachment > add attachment filenameLowerCase.pdf
6. Result: Reference document is included in the merged report.
Conclusion: reported issue is replicated in PUM26
7. Return to Go to Recruiting > Recruiting Home > Manage Job openings > 50704 > Group Actions > Recruiting Actions > Print Applications > run HRS_BTCH_APL
- add attachment filenameUPPERCASE.PDF - attachment is NOT included in the Merged output PDF.
- add attachment filenameLowerCase.pdf - attachment is included in the Merged output PDF.
Due to this issue, users cannot properly review applicants because merged reports won't include any attachments with UPPER CASE PDF extension, and there is no error to alert them of a malfunction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document