ECA - Customer ID Look Up Defaults To Grants Customer View Even Though The Grants Management Module Is Not Installed
(Doc ID 2409794.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Contracts - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to update the Customer ID on a Customer Contract, the Customer ID look up may default to a Grants Customer ID view even though the Grants Management module is not installed. This is triggered by presence of data in the Proposal ID field.
The CA_SOLDTO_WRK.FUNCLIB Check Grants PeopleCode does not check to determine if the Grants Management Module is turned on. As a result, the function incorrectly defaults to the grants customer view if data is populated in the Proposal Id Field. The Proposal Id field is a free form field with no edits is the Grants Management Module is not turned on so it is possible that it could be used by non-Grants customers. In that case, this issue prevents the sold to customer from being updated on the contract. If Grants Management is not installed, the Customer ID lookup should not be using a Grants view.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Turn Off Grants Management Module
- Create Customer
- Create Customer Contract using the customer id from step 2 (enter an amount in the Proposal Id field). Leave Customer Contract in Pending status.
- Navigate to Customer Contracts > Create and Amend > Modify Sold to Customer Page
- Enter Contract Number from step 1
- In New Parameters section, click the look up for Customer ID. The customer id from step 2 does not display.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document