EMM: No Mechanism To Supply Various Basis Dates On One PM Loop
Last updated on JUNE 22, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Maintenance Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When you are converting assets from a legacy system into PeopleSoft and want to group multiple assets into a loop, if those legacy assets require the same maintenance (i.e. every 30 days) but each asset in the loop had its “last maintenance” done at different dates, there is no mechanism in the PeopleSoft loop schedule to specify the “basis date” (i.e. representing the last maintenance due date) for each asset in the loop.
The ability to to supply a separate basis date for each asset in the loop.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Create 2 assets for test.
2) Establish meter readings for the 2 new assets.
3) Enter meter readings for each asset, i.e. for asset 1 enter 6000.00, for asset 2 enter 8000.00.
4) Create a PM Loop for the 2 new assets.
5) Create a PM Loop Schedule.
6) Click on the Last Reading link. A pagelet is opened that allows you to enter a last reading for each asset in the loop but there is no field into which you can enter a basis date for each asset in the loop.
Over 14,000 vehicle fleet.
< Internal Only
Internal Only >
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms