Cost Sharing Analysis Type Is Not Correctly Defaulting On the Journal Lines When There Are Multiple Cost Sharing Values Specified In > Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Grants > Facilities Admin Options -- Under Cost sharing section
(Doc ID 2411784.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Functionality
Cost Sharing General Ledger Analysis Types tagged as GLEs not CGE
When configured analysis type for cost sharing, proper analysis types should be shown for Cost sharing rather than a general expense GLE.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up Financials Supply Chain > Install > Installation Options > Project costing Integration - Check Assign GL Analysis Types as well as Restrict analysis types check box. Using "Set Up GL Analysis Type Assignment" set up analysis type for cost sharing expense as CGE. (cost sharing flag checked). For other expense, GLE. In demo this was done for Setid FEDRL
2. Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Grants > Facilities Admin Options -- Under Cost sharing section, Remove any existing ones. Add Program Code as the CS chartfield. Enter couple of rows for this chartfield. Example : 00012 to 00012 and 00019 to 00019
3. For EGV05 in demo, Change the FS_05 set control to point to 'FEDRL'
4. Create a Journal. On the lines tab, use account - 6000, program code - 00012 and populate other fields like PC BU, Project, Activity. The analysis type will be grayed out.
5. Save the Journal. The expectation is that the analysis type of 'CGE' gets populated but the system populates it as 'GLE'. This is incorrect.
Now when the set up is changed in the Financials/Supply Chain > Business Unit Related > Grants > Facilities Admin Options, to include only one value of 00012 - 00012 for the program code, the system will populate the 'CGE' for analysis type as expected for a new journal.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document