AM 9.2: Basic Add - "You Are Not Authorized To Access This Component" Error
Last updated on JUNE 19, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FSCM 9.2, PUM Image 27 version, Basic Add
When a new Asset Management user is created, this user cannot add and save a new asset via the Basic Add component. User is receiving "You are not authorized to access this component" error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Review the delivered EPAM1110 permission list
2. Create a new role (AM_ROLE_01) for EPAM1110 permission list
3. Create a copy of an AM User id and link the EPAM1110 to it
4. Delete all roles from NEW_AM_USER except for PSUSER and add in new role, AM_ROLE_01
5. Log in as new user and navigate to Basic Add
6. Create a new asset
7. Populate the General tab
8. Enter an amount and capitalize it on the Acquisition tab
9. Enter a Serial # on the Manufacturer/License/Custodian tab
10. Save the asset
11. User will receive pop-up error: "You are not authorized to access this component"
See replication steps below.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms