EPC: Incorrect Project Manager End Date in the Project Copy That Generats Overlap Error: Start and End Date for Project Manager <TEAM_MEMBER_NAME> Overlaps With Another Project Manager Entry. (13400,42)
(Doc ID 2412723.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Copy a project that has multiple team members as project managers and choose a new start date that is outside the start date and end date of the original project. Then change something on the project and try to save. It changes the end dates for project managers and generates overlap error message:
1. Create a project with the start date 01/01/2018 and the end date 12/31/2018.
2. Add an activity.
3. Add three team members as follows:
TEAM_MEMBER_1 -> Start Date: 01/01/2018 - End Date: 03/31/2018
TEAM_MEMBER_2 -> Start Date: 04/01/2018 - End Date: 09/30/2018
TEAM_MEMBER_3 -> Start Date: 10/01/2018 - End Date: 12/31/2018
4. Click on Copy Project button.
5. Select the new start date of 01/01/2019.
6. The new project has been created. The start date and the end date for the team members are correct.
7. Change something on the project and try to save. The overlapping message is received and end dates for project managers TEAM_MEMBER_1 and TEAM_MEMBER_2 are incorrect:
End Date for TEAM_MEMBER_1 is 09/19/2019. It should be 03/31/2019.
End Date for TEAM_MEMBER_2 is 12/18/2019. It should be 09/30/2019.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document