E-508: JAWS Does Not Read Navbar When Opening A Second Time From A Classic Page
(Doc ID 2416709.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
JAWS does not read Navbar when Opening a Second Time from a Classic Page
When the user does not have access to "Personalize Navbar" and if they go into the Navbar for the second time, then the focus is lost and JAWS reads the background page, not the Navbar. This does not happen when the user comes into the Navbar the first time. It only happens when the user goes into the Navbar the second time.
The content of the Navbar should be read by JAWS every time it is opened.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into the PeopleSoft Application in Accessibility mode
2. Ensure that the user does not have access to "Personalize Navbar" when the Navbar is opened
3. Navigate as the user to a classic page
4. Open the Navbar and notice that focus lands on the "X". If JAWS is enabled, it will read the content of the Navbar
5. Close the Navbar
6. Open the Navbar and notice that the focus is NOT on the "X" and JAWS will read the page behind it, not the content of the Navbar.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document