EPC - When Making A Project Team Member A Manager The Project Team Page Does Not Show It
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee with no PS_JOB data is added to a project team and the project manager checkbox is checked on the team detail page, the page can be saved successfully. However no row is written to the underlying PS_PROJECT_MGR table. As a result, the project team page does not show that the manager checkbox is selected and the Project Definitions > General Information > Manager page does not show any project manager.
Not all employees must have PS_JOB records so it should still be possible to make one a project manager
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Program Management is turned off
2. PS_JOB table is empty as no data is integrated from HR to FIN for this table. Data exists in PS_PERSONAL_DATA for the employees
3. Create a Project
4. Navigation: Project Costing>Project Definitions>Team
5. Try adding any team member with project manager check box on, the above error message is received when checking the box or when saving the page
6. Uncheck the Project Manager Check box and the page saves without any issues.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms