Grants - Copy JE From An Old Project And Change Project CF And Received Budget Date Out Of Bounds Exception
(Doc ID 2419158.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Grants - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Commitment Control
Grants - Copy JE from an old Project and change Project CF and still get Budget Date out of Bounds
At the end of grant year, the Grant Department will copy an old JE with an expired grant and change the grant chartfield for the new grant that is open and click process.
They get a budget date out of bounds because the GL edit process.
- KK “Define Control Budgets” shows that Project ID XXXXX budget ends 3/31/2018.
- Copy a JE from XXXXX that posted on 3/14/2018 when it was within Budget dates to 7/3/2018.
- Change the project chartfield to a project that is currently open – YYYYYY (Budget dates – 4/1/18-4/30/19).
- Will receive an error that there is a budget date out of bounds even though the new project is open.
The Budget Date out of Bounds should not be received for these kind of journals
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Copy Journal from an old project from a closed budget period into a new project with an open budget period
2. Edit the journal. The journal goes to error status with Budget Date out of Bounds exception
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document