Special Characters In Templates Are Not Rendered In After Merge Into Emails In PeopleSoft CRM 9.2
Last updated on JULY 09, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM Support - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Correspondence Management
Special characters should be displayed as it is in the Email Templates
Special characters are not getting passed as is when it is used in an Email Template
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Set Up CRM -> Common Definitions -> Correspondence -> Templates
2. Go to Add new Value and give the suitable name.
3. Click on Upload file and upload the file, which has special characters
4. Go to Set Up CRM -> Common Definitions -> Correspondence -> Template Packages -> Find an existing Package and update the Template as below (Or a New Template Package can be created linking the new Template):
5. Create and send a correspondence with the updated (or newly created) Template Package:
6. The initially uploaded file is received in either RTF or PDF format depending in the correspondences settings. The received files are having special symbols and not the Special character is been passed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms