EAR9.1+ AR Revaluation Causes Incorrect Accounting Entries
Last updated on JULY 16, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When running multiple times AR Revaluation process before running JGEN, this is causing to delete only the initial primary ledger accounting lines and leaving behind the secondary ledger accounting lines to cause the double/ triple accounting entries, along with the second/ third run of AR revaluation.
- Setup issues -Installation Options page - Multibook entries in Subsystem field should be enabled under Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Install/ Installation Options;
- Check Base Currency field (is USD) under Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Business Unit Related/ Receivables/ Receivables Definition - Business Unit Definition tab;
- Check Receivable Definition page under Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Business Unit Related/ Receivables/ Receivables Definitions - Accounting Option;
- Check Ledger Group ¿ all tabs -there are 2 ledgers- Local (Primary) and secondary Corporate (AUD) where Base Currency is USD- under General Ledger/ Ledgers/ Ledger Group navigation path;
- Check Market Rates (i.e. from EUR to USD and from EUR to AUD- as items currency will be EUR, we need market rates from currency item to primary ledger group currency (EUR to USD) and from currency item to secondary ledger group currency (EUR to AUD), under Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Common Definitions/ Market Rates/ Market Rates;
- Check Revaluation Process Level ¿ is set at customer level under Set Up Financials/ Supply Chain/ Business Unit Related/ Receivables/ Receivables Options- Payment Options tab;
- Create 2 items for a new customer, post them and check them under Accounts Receivable/ Customer Accounts/ Item Information/ View/ Update Item Details - items are open;
- Run AR_REVAL application engine under Accounts Receivable/ Receivable Update/ Revaluation/ Request Revaluation - Check Only field is not checked and Entry Currency Code field is "EUR" for Business Unit field "US001";
- When running multiple times AR Revaluation process before running JGEN, this is causing to delete only the initial LOCAL accounting lines and leave behind the EUR accounting lines to cause the double accounting entries, along with the second run of AR revaluation - this results double entry posting;
- Run again Revaluation process.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms