EeProf: Manager Receiving "Employee Is Not A Direct Report Of Whelan,Stephanie E On 2018-02-28"
(Doc ID 2422024.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eProfile Manager Desktop - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : HCM 9.2 PUM Image 23 People Tools 8.55.x, Manager Dashboard/Talent Summary
Manager receiving "Employee is not a direct report of Whelan,Stephanie E on 2018-02-28"
When a Manager is on Leave of Pay and Another Manager Signs in Using the Manager who is on Leave USERID/PASSWORD, if the person signed in as that Manager tries to make any Changes to an Employee who Reports to the Manager on Leave; such as In This Case Terminate the Employee; this Occurs when Using a Past or Future Date a Message is Generated to say (Employee Name) Is not a Direct Report of (Manager on Leave's Name) on 2018-02-09.
"Employee is not a direct report of (Manager Name) on (whatever date in the past or future the user enters)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Select a Manager who has Employees Reporting to them, in this case Cynthia Adams KU0101
2. Sign in using PS/PS, navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
3. Access KU0101 Job Record, insert new Effective Dated row, don’t make it the same date, like current make it in the past in my Test Case I made Used Effective Date in February 2018. The Action is Leave with Pay and Save
4. Logout and log back in using the USERID/PASSWORD CADAMS/CADAMS that belongs to the Manager on Paid Leave
5. Navigate to Manager Self Service > Job and Personal Information > Select transaction Terminate Employee > Select an Employee
6. Terminate the Employee using either a Future Effective Date or One in the Past which would be one after 02/09/2018. The message is Generated (Employee Name) Is not a direct report of Cynthia Adams on 2018-02-09.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document