Guided Self Service Transaction Gives Data Conflict Error
(Doc ID 2426128.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Data Conflict Error occurrs when submitting Guided Self Service Transaction and changing the transaction date. The error happens when the component buffer attempts to write to PS_HR_MSS_CT_DAT. The Effective Sequence number already exists for that date.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Navigate to Any GSS Self Service transaction from the Update Team Information
2) Select an employee. Get the URL from the browser. Notice the Effseq has already been predetermined based on the current date.
3) Go to database and run a select statement on table PS_HR_MSS_CT_DAT for the employee.
4) Change the transaction date to a date where the EFFSEQ in the URL matches one already on the PS_HR_MSS_CT_DAT. Click the Next Button.
5) Submit the transaction after clicking next.
6) Data Conflict Error occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document