EPC: PROJ_ACT_STATUS Message Is Sent With Blank Content When a Project Is Created From a Template
(Doc ID 2427350.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating project using "copy from template" where template project has no records in PROJ_ACT_STATUS defined, system sends the dummy PROJ_ACT_STATUS message to HCM with AUDIT_ACTION populated. This is causing issue in HCM subscription code to error with a message 'ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("SYSADM"."PS_PROJ_ACT_STATUS"."EFFDT"). FSCM should either not publish PROJ_ACT_STATUS or send with blank AUDIT_ACTION when template has no activity status defined.
- Configure the IB set up between FSCM and HR systems to include the integration of Project/Activity/Activity Status
- Service Operations : PROJECT_SYNC, PROJ_ACTIVITY_SYNC, PROJ_ACTIVITY_STATUS_SYNC
- Create a Template Project with an Activity. No Activity Status created
- Create a project from this template.
- Notice that PROJ_ACTIVITY_STATUS_SYNC is triggered. This is incorrect.
- The message is created with blank content but with an AUDIT_ACTN of 'A'
- When the message goes to HCM, it is throwing the above error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document