Item Type GL Interface Information Can Be Saved Without Entering Debit/Credit Indicator
(Doc ID 2427445.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Campus Solutions, the GL Interface setup on an item type allows entered data to be saved without specifying the Debit/Credit indicator. When the Generate Accounting Entries process (SFPGLINT) processes postings of the item type, the ITEM_LINE_SF rows are updated with a value in the GL_POSTING_DTTM field, but no accounting lines are created.
GL Interface setup page does not have an edit for the Debit/Credit Indicator.
Debit/Credit indicators are essential for correct generation of accounting lines and the set up page should require the field be populated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Set Up SACR, Product Related, Student Financials, Item Types, Item Types;
2. Click Add a New Value;
3. Enter a new item type value;
4. Click the GL Interface Required box;
5. Click the GL Interface tab;
6. Complete the setup of the GL Information, excluding the Debit/Credit Indicator;
7. Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Post Student Transaction;
8. Select an emplid, and enter the item type created in Steps 1-6;
9. Post the item type to the student account;
10. Navigate to Student Financials, GL Interface, Generate Accounting Entries;
11. Select a run control;
12. Complete the run control and submit the process to the process scheduler.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!