Error When Use of SpeedCharts on PO When the Distribution Line References a Requisition
(Doc ID 2433069.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error When Use of SpeedCharts on PO When the Distribution Line References a Requisition.
Currently, users are unable to use a SpeedChart on the PO distribution line when the line contains a reference to a requisition due to receiving an error message.
Since the user is able to manually change the PO distribution line without having to remove the reference to the requisition, we have the following questions.
- Why is the user unable to use a SpeedChart when the PO distribution line contains a requisition, but they are able to manually change the distributions?
- If it is due to the different set-up options for SpeedCharts, do you see any concerns with using SpeedCharts if we limit their setup so that they can only be created using the Percentage option at 100%?
"Distribution sourced from requisition. Clear requisition information before selection speed chart. (10200,787)"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create epro requisition and validate KK
2. Create a new PO by copying the ePro req into the PO.
3. Go to the PO line distribution page.
Select a SpeedChart from the prompt.
An error message is received indicating that a SpeedChart cannot be used when the PO distribution line is referencing a requisition.
Received the message:
“Distribution sourced from requisition. Clear requisition information before selecting speed chart. (10200,787)
You cannot select speed chart if the distribution is sourced from requisition.Clear the requisition information at the distribution page, Click Ok, save the purchase order and then select speedchart again.”
4. Customer question:
at Navigation: Set Up Financials/Supplier Chain > Product Related > Procurement Options > Management > SpeedChart
“If we ensure that the Percentages option is used and the Total Percent equals 100, is there any danger in allowing the use of SpeedCharts on the PO line distribution when a requisition is referenced?”
5. Continuing test: Create a new SpeedChart with only one line (100%)
6. Even when select a SpeedChart created above with only one distribution still getting the message.
7. If change manually the system allows to change the chartfield without clear requisition info
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document