Search For Classes Button on Self Service Student Center Giving Security Error
(Doc ID 2434314.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 13, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Student Records Additional Features
PE: Search for Classes Button on SS Student Centre Giving Security Error
When a Program Enrollment Student who only has access to CS - Student (Prog Enrl) role in Security logs in to Self Service and navigates to Student Centre
See a “Search for Classes” button
When users click this button they get a peoplecode error saying that they are not authorized for this component
In reality if a student does not have relevant access they should never see the button as it will be very confusing for them (especially if they are PE Students)
Even if they did see the button then the button must display a more user friendly and meaningful message to avoid any confusion for students who has not been given access
• “Search for Classes” button visibility to be set on the security access of the student.
• “Search for Classes” button to be removed and be a navigation link which can easily be driven by security
Expect the button to be disabled or an appropriate security message.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to User Profiles and grant a student the following roles
• Peoplesoft user
• CS - Student (Prog Enrl)
2. Login with student user profile and navigate to Self Service > Student Center
3. Click 'Search for Classes' button.
4. Security message is displayed
You are not authorized to access this component. (40,20)
5. Click on OK button
6. Student is left with a blank page
The issue has the following business impact:
The error message creates confusion to the self service students
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!