Position Management Issue For On Demand Hours
(Doc ID 2435017.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 08, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Position Management Issue for On Demand Hours
An On-Demand position should not have an hours value associated with it. In that regard the new code is correct. However, the Position Data component should enforce this through defaulting (when Full/Part time, Jobcode or Salary Plan change), and validation when saving.
On-Demand implies use cases that relate to zero-hours contracts. There are no circumstances where a zero-hours contract would have a number of hours assigned to it over a set period. Therefore, the system should enforce this.
The changes brought in for Compensation Frequency effectively make this a position-controlled field. However, unlike every other field, it does not exist on the Position Data record directly.
For all other fields that are position controlled, they sit on the Position Data record (POSITION_DATA). This includes fields which also exist on the Job Code table. For these, the system uses
1) An On-Demand position should not have an hours value associated with it.
2) Compensation Frequency should exist on the Position Data record.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Find a Jobcode for a business unit that relates to a country that supports On-Demand - (AUS, NZL, GBR or NLD) Create a position pointing to that Jobcode.
2. Ensure that the regulatory region is for - one of the countries above.
3. The position hours will be defaulted from the Job Code. A value of 40 hours does not - make sense for an On-Demand position.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document