Incorrect Item Type Description Is Appearing On Item Type Configuration Pages In Multi-Setid Installation
(Doc ID 2435651.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 15, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Campus Solutions has multiple institutions configured in one database. Each institution has a unique setid. Item types of the same value for the different setids exist. On the Amount Edit tab of the Item Type Component, the item type description displayed is the item type description for a different setid with the same item type value.
When the same item type value is used with unique setids, the descriptions displayed on the item type component are for different setid item types.
Since Setid is a key, the description displayed for the item type value for a setid should be constant and not from a different setid.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Set Up SACR, Product Related, Student Financials, Item Types, Item Types;
2. Create an Item Type 111111111111, setid = AAAAA, effective date 01/01/1900, description = AAA Descr
3. Click on the Amount Edits tab of the component and verify the item type description is AAA Descr;
4. Click Save;
5. Navigate to Set Up SACR, Product Related, Student Financials, Item Types, Item Types;
6. Create an Item Type 111111111111, setid = BBBBB, effective date 01/01/1900, description BBB Descr;
7. Click the Amount Edits tab. The description displayed is from Item Type 010110010010 for setid AAAAA.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!