External Award Load: Multiple Append Transactions for Same Student and Item Type Result in Only One of the Transactions Posted
(Doc ID 2436836.1)
Last updated on MARCH 21, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When loading external awards, if the process is appending two or more instances of the same item type, which is already posted on the student's package, only one of the instances actually gets posted.
After posting, Manage Student External Awards and other similar pages shows both/all of the transactions in processed status, giving the incorrect impression they were all posted.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > External Awards > Add External Awards to Student > Add External Awards.
- Choose Entry Code 'Append'.
- Populate the rest of the necessary information and save the component.
- Click '+' OR Navigate out the component and back in and repeat steps 2 and 3 for the same student and same award (item type or award type/source/program combination).
- Navigate to Financial Aid, Awards, External Awards, Manage Student External Awards, External Awards and click 'Load' button; OR Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > External Awards > Load External Awards > Load External Awards, populate the parameters, and run the process in batch.
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Awards > Award Processing > Assign Awards to a Student > Student Aid Package and review the total award amount and 'Disbursement' link page for the item type to verify what posted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document