EGL9.2: Translate Ledger Lines In Equitization Journals Are Calculated With Correct Rate Type But Display Incorrect Rate Type
(Doc ID 2437645.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Equitization Parent business unit & Subsidiary business units have different base currency.
Now, when Equitization is run in a currency which is not same as parent or subsidiary base currency, translate ledgers use the rate specified in Equitization rule for calculation. However, in journal lines for translation ledger the rate type & exchange rate are not populated.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Set up Parent Business unit, Subsidiary Business unit, Elimination unit [Parent & subsidiary should have different base currency]
2. Attach a ledger group to business units that has at least 2 translation secondary ledgers [1 having base currency same as base currency of subsidiary,& another having base currency which is not same as parent or subsidiary base currency]
3. Create a Tree for Equitization & include parent, subsidiary & elimination unit
4. Create 2 different Ledger Set - 1 for each translation ledger explained in step 2
5. Create Subsidiary ownership set
6. Set up Equitization Rule. In target make sure to use a different rate type other than CRRNT has been used [as CRRNT is specified in ledger group level]
7. Create 2 Equitization groups - 1 for each ledger set . Both groups to use the same Equitization rule.
8. Make sure to have different conversion rates between parent BU base currency & translation ledger base currency for CRRNT & AVG rate type.
9. Create & Post required source data for Equitization process
10. Request Equitization process for both Equitization group. Also, Run Equitization Calculation log report for both.
11. Check output journals created in step 10 to see if specified exchange rate in equitization rule have been used.
Please see replication screenshots for more details.
Specified rate type in equitization target is used in target calculation for translate ledger but incorrect rate type is populated in equitization journals.
Equitization journals should show correct rate type as per which calculation happens.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document