Copy Project W/Project Resource Selected Will Not Allow To Change The Copied Project Mgr
(Doc ID 2447914.1)
Last updated on MAY 16, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, Functionality
9.2 FIN: Copy Project with Project Resource selected will not allow to change the copied Project Mgr
When the user copies an existing project and attempts to change the Project Manger of the newly created project, the following message appears when clicking on the Save button:
Start and End Date for Project Manager Joanne Gunter overlaps with another Project Manager Entry. (13400,42)
The PeopleCode program executed an Error statement, which has produced this message.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Add Project/activity with dates from 1/01/18-4/25/20
2. Add Budget and finalize.
3. Add 2 resources. Make one the PM.
4. Manager tab reflects this PM.
5. Add project by Project from Copy. Click copy.
6. Click on Manager tab. Shows PM from original Project.
7. Click on Resources link
8. Click on Frank link
9. Note the PM checked.
10. Return to Resource link
11. Click on Joanne resource link
12. PM check box is unchecked as expected.
13. Check the pm check box and save.
14. Error message generated. System will not allow for more than 1 PM for same date range.
15. Uncheck Joanne PM check box. Save
16. Return to resource list
17. Click on Frank resource link
18. Uncheck the PM checkbox. Saves successfully.
19. Return to resource list.
20. Click on Joanne link
21. Check box in unchecked. We will now check it. Save.
22. Error message appears again. How do end user change PM if system does not allow change?
23. View Manager tab. Even though I unchecked the PM check box for Frank, Frank still appears as manager. There is no effective dating rows to add/delete/change.
< Internal Only
Internal Only >
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document