EAP: Able to change Budget Date on Voucher Maintenance page even if Commitment Control Security turned on
(Doc ID 2448210.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Commitment Control Security for Security Event = BUDG_DT (Budget Date Override) is Active. User ID = VP1 is the only one setup that has security to change the Budget Date field.
If User ID = VP1 creates a Voucher, on the Voucher > Invoice Information page, the Budget Date field is enabled and can be changed, which is correct.
If log in as User ID = VP2, VP2 cannot change the Budget Date on a Voucher through the Voucher > Invoice Information page. The Budget Date is a display only and grayed out, which is correct.
However, if VP2 displays a Voucher through Voucher Maintenance, VP2 has the access to change the Budget Date field since the field is enabled. This is incorrect. The Budget Date field through Voucher Maintenance should be display only.
1. On the Installation Options page, Commitment Control is enabled for Payables
2. On the Define Budget Security > Commitment Control Security Events page setup, BUDG_DT is Active
3. Rules Definitions page setup
a. Security Rule = BUD_DATE
b. Attribute = Super User
c. Security Event = BUDG_DT
4. On the Assign Rule to User ID page setup, User ID = VP1 / Security Rule = BUD_DT
5. Run Request Build (KSEC_FLAT)
6. Run Commitment Control Security Report (GLX8572)
7. Commitment Control Security Report shows that VP1 is the only User ID setup for Security Rule = BUD_DATE
8. As User ID = VP1, create a Voucher
9. On the Voucher > Invoice Information page, the Budget Date is enabled and can be changed -- This is correct
10. Log in as VP2
11. On the Voucher > Invoice Information page, VP2 displays the Voucher created by VP1
12. Budget Date field is display only and grayed out -- This is correct
13. VP2 displays the same Voucher through Voucher Maintenance
14. On the Voucher Maintenance > Invoice Lines page, the Budget Date field is enabled and can be changed -- This is incorrect
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document