Posting Fails with Error '14816, 25 Item Type is Invalid'
(Doc ID 2449166.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On production Campus Solutions, a Financial Aid group post of disbursements for the fall term is not posting. Nine students out of over 8,000 are not posting and holding up the group from completely posting. The payment ID number on all nine students is blank on the group post (and is a zero in the payment_id_nbr field on the database). The item type for these transactions was just created.
An error is displayed on the Group Post page for these nine transactions.
14816, 25 Item Type is invalid
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Group Processing, Post Transactions;
- Select a run control;
- Complete the run control for the Group Type and Group ID of the Financial Aid disbursement group;
- Submit the process to the process scheduler;
- Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Group Processing, Create Group Data Entries;
- Select the Financial Aid Group ID;
- Group Status is not posted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document