EGL9.2: Year End Close Process(GL_YC) Doesn't Process Data If 'Do Not Post Future-Dated Journals' Is Selected For Any Business Unit
(Doc ID 2450273.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2021
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When ran close processes GL_YC and GLPCLOSE on LEDGER data in newly added GL business unit, both processes processed the corresponding LEDGER data, rolling balance sheet data forward into period 0 of the new year and closing P&L data into retained earnings account for period 999 of the current year.
When ran close processes GL_YC and GLPCLOSE on LEDGER data for an existing GL business unit, US001, while GLPCLOSE did process the corresponding LEDGER data - GL_YC did not process the corresponding LEDGER data.
For new GL bu YE01:
1. Create new gl bu YE01, and link RECORDING ledger group to gl bu YE01
2. Set up Closing Rule
3. Set up Closing Group, with above Closing Rule
4. Post a journal to insert LEDGER data for current FY and Period to YE01
5. Query the LEDGER data before run GLPCLOSE
6. Run the GLPCLOSE process using above Closing Group for YE01
7. Query the LEDGER data after run GLPCLOSE to confirm closing entries for Period 999 of current year and Period 0 of next year for YE01
For existing GL bu US001:
1. Set up Closing Rule
2. Set up Closing Group, with above Closing Rule
3. Post a journal to insert LEDGER data for current FY and Period to US001
4. Query the LEDGER data before run GLPCLOSE
5. Run the GLPCLOSE process using above Closing Group for US001
6. Query the LEDGER data after run GLPCLOSE for US001; see that no LEDGER data is processed
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document