EAP: EDI Invoice Loaded With VAT Amount Entered For Non-Vat Business Unit
(Doc ID 2452768.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When EDI Invoice loaded with VAT amount entered for Non-Vat Business Unit (though Sales and Use Tax applicable for the Business Unit), the system generates error message i.e "Vat amount entered for Non-Vat Business Unit." after the voucher build process. But the system allows to Save the voucher afterwards while making the Voucher as Tax Exempt with the amounts in the Line Total & Total mismatch. with difference in amount as 0 (zero).
VAT amount entered for Non-Vat Business Unit
1) Input file used to load invoice using EDI, wherein the invoice related to a Non-Vat BU(however “Sales Use Tax“ is ON for this BU at Payable Definition), but the Vat Amount has been used for the field VAT_ENTRD_AMT, position 354 and the TAX_EXEMPT field value used as N, position 213 in the input file.
2) EDI Load process Successfully
3) Voucher Build completed and the Voucher has following error, as expected :
Voucher Build Message Log
Looking at the Invoice in PIA from the Voucher Build Error Detail panel :
4) Clicking on the Correct Errors in the Voucher Build Error panel, we can see the issue is highlighted and with
• Tax Exempt not checked as received in the file
• Line Total and Total are different amounts with the difference of VAT amount that specified in the input file for this Non-Vat BU
• Difference shows 0.00
And the Error Summary shows the error as expected
5) After setting the Tax Exempt as Yes, the Voucher Saved successfully despite the Line Total and Total amount mismatch. And the VAT amount still exists in the database (snapshot below)
No more error exist
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document