eBenefits Error: First Operand Of . Is Not An Object When Adding (+) Individual W/Relationship Spouse Life Event
(Doc ID 2453408.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM eBenefits - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When adding a dependent via the Fluid Dependent/Beneficiary page, a PeopleCode error is produced when a duplicate Spouse is entered and OK is clicked on the validation error:
First operand of . is not an object when adding (+) individual w/Relationship Spouse Life Event
Peoplecode error message displays to user when adding an additional Spouse Individual during a Life Event Process Step Adding Dependent and Beneficiary Information Fluid Page.
First operand of . is not an object, so cannot access member Value.
W3EB_DEP_BEN.IndividualEventHandler.OnExecute Name:ValidateRelationship PCPC:11148 Statement:188
Called from:W3EB_DEP_BEN.IndividualEventHandler.OnExecute Name:SaveEdit Statement:40
Called from:W3EB_DEPBEN_DTL_FL.GBL.DEP_BEN_DTL_WRK.SAVE_PB.FieldChange Statement:3
The first operand of the dot operator must be a value of some object type to access the method or property, but the value found was not an object type.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: Employee Self Service Homepage > Benefits Details Tile
2. Select the Life Events Option > I got married > Enter an effective date > start an event
3. Skip to Step Dependent/Beneficiary Info Step and Confirm that there is a dependent with relationship of Spouse
4. Click Add Individual Button
5. Add minimum data required First Name, Last Name, Gender and Select Spouse as Relationship to Employee and Save
6. Warning Message displays 'Data of Birth' Click Okay
7. Warning Message 'More than one dependent of type Spouse' Click Okay
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document