E-CA: Change Assistant 8.56.10 - Edit Documentation Does Not Show The Actual Text While Editing
(Doc ID 2454397.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.56 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.56 version, Change Assistant
Editing documentation does not show the delivered text while editing.
Edit Documentation function:
The text box provided for editing the documentation does not load the delivered documentation.
The text entered in the box is appended to the end of the documentation.
The user is not given an option to have their custom text precede the delivered text
The Edit Documentation function should load the delivered text in the text box when editing.
The user should be able to add their custom text anywhere before, after, or within the delivered text.
The user's custom text should save as they have added it, positioned before, after, or within the delivered text.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Start Change Assistant (Change Action - Update Manager Mode will suffice for this)
2. In Update Manager Mode, open a Change Package that HAS DELIVERED DOCUMENTATION.
NOTE: For a readily available Change Package is the one used Upgrade to a new PeopleTools release (updPTU856 for 8.56).
3. Once the Change Package is loaded and the Change Assistant job steps are visible, right-click on a step and choose "Edit Documentation"
4. Observe that the Edit Documentation window opens with a blank text box (this is different from 8.55).
5. Enter text in the text box.
6. Save the text.
7. Examine the Documentation frame for the Change Assistant job step where the documentation was edited. (may need to scroll to the bottom of the documentation)
8. Observe that the custom text that was entered in step 5, and saved in step
6 is appended to the bottom of the delivered documentation and cannot be added to a different position around/within the delivered text.
Repeat the steps above and use THE SAME CHANGE PACKAGE, but note the following differences:
- In step 4, the text box will load with the delivered documentation text already loaded. This allows the user to position their custom text as they see fit.
- In step 8, the user's custom text will be observable in the documentation display pane as they positioned it when they saved, rather than only being appended to the end of the delivered text.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document